Thursday, March 8, 2007

weeklies

The idea is to post my weekly projects, some I do every week, some will be just that week. Here we go...


THIS WEEK 3/8/7(my week starts on Thursdays):
project otw
I made it!Orange tulip skirt, linen with blue buttons made with my big sewing machine. Project time 3hrs, cost $14. Easy to make, yes.
recipe otw
Collard Greens- i love um!

by me

3lbs-greens, you pick (kale, mustard greens, chard) chopped & washed really well
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp dried red pepper, chopped(you can use red pepper flakes if you want)
1/2c sliced yellow onion(about 1/2 an onion)
2 c water
1 tsp lemon juice

Heat oil in a big pot, add garlic and onion, saute for about a minute. Add water, bring to boil, then add all the greens, peppers & lemon juice. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally on medium for about 45 min till they are a dark green. Serve hot, mmmmm.














resturaunt otw

Adrienne took me to the new In the Bowl Vegetarian Noodle Bistro today, deeelish! The one month old noodle house resides where the infamous Cafe Messiah used to be on Olive Way. The menu offers a huge variety of options from soups, noodle dishes, stir fry and everything in between. Adrienne has been there 3 times since its opened, tried 3 different things and raves about all of them, now I'm a fan. A few cautions: I'm a girl who likes things spicy, no doubt. They have a standard 1-5 spicy scale, I went with 2 at Adriennes precaution and holy hell fire!! They are not fooling around! Also, they use the fake meats, personally I'm a fan, but Adrienne had her dish with "prawns" and it was gross and eerie. The texture was extremely accurate, taste wasn't good enough to get me over the texture. I ordered the curry rice noodle soup with chicken, Adrienne got some other rice noodle soup with the prawns, she admits this is the first meal shes had at the joint she wasn't all that fond of, could have been the prawns. My dish was amazing! Perfectly creamy, the curry was exquisite, the chicken was the usual fake chicken variety deliciously mixed into the curry, the rice noodles nicely nestled in the soup were filling in all the right ways. I recommend it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gratuitous shot of Js ass in an orange skirt. I love it!!


-kel

PS. collard greens also good one day old from partners tupperware container.