Thursday, September 25, 2008

I Heart

 

The first stop on my epic vacation...NYC! What an amazing city! Everyone there is BEAUTIFUL! I think its a requirement to live there, made me feel a bit out of place in my over casual Seattle style, but it's what's inside that counts, right. I stayed with Adam and his roommate Karen(thanks guys!) in the lower east side of Manhattan, went to a million galleries, ate some of the best food I've ever had, drank more then I should have, and did a little shopping in Soho. I found the city to be extremely friendly, a stark contrast to Seattle where being a passive aggressive a-hole is an art. Some highlights...

1. Riding bikes across the Williamsberg bridge to eat delicious falafel and see rad art.

2. Thompson Square Park farmers market.

3. Swoon show on the river

4. Wandering the Brooklyn Bridge then eating the best food ever at Lil Lads. 

5. Dance Party

6. Coffee, bagels and wandering the LES neighborhood checking out all the gardens. 

7. Guggenheim and the 20 minute Met tour

8. Hanging out with Adam & eating Babycakes

9. Really, everything was a highlight, I had so much fun and loved every minute. 

The worst parts...

1. Leaving.

 

Photo time... 








NYC Metro- fairly clean, extremely efficient

View at Central Park


Jeff Koons on the roof at the Met

Out drinking for Karens birthday!

Drunken cab ride

Kombucha and vodka=worst idea ever...Karen & Jen(?) gettin there







Adam in a hurricane

Williamsberg Bridge

We=Trouble at Secret Project Robot






Evening stroll out to the Deitch Swoon show...






Grandma! You would love this! This whole show consisted of tiny paper cut outs filling this whole warehouse, so so amazing and meticulous! 

Marching band playing at the show

Outside of the warehouse

Along with tiny paper cutouts, Swoon crafted 3 working ships that have been sailing up and down the river in NYC




Went out on my own adventures to see the Brooklyn Bridge and the Stock Exchange area














Yes, I ate it all! Best food ever!




Cops with big guns outside the NYSE


Ground Zero construction site

Pretty words

Noodle bowl in the LES. So spicy and delicious!

Lower East Side charm



Dinners at Angelicas!

Bathroom at Max Fish, whoa.

OFF TO PARIS!

Sorry family who expected some real time travel blogging, I hope my recount will do and adam and megans did the trick on the road! Love you, J



1 comment:

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ said...

it's real neat to see it all from your perspective.