Thursday, April 12, 2007

EAT LOCAL!

I just started the Super Budget 2007(will tell more later), and with this, some lifestyle changes. I have very little to spend, but I want to pay more attention to what I buy(i think that was a pun!). So the goal is to only buy necessities, only buy things that come in 100% recyclable packaging, and use everything I buy. Seems like common sense but, we do crazy things for convenience. I knew someone once whose dad didn't have a garbage can, everything was supposed to be recycled. I want this. I have a long way to go. Lucky for me a new store opened up a few blocks away called Eat Local. Its amazing. To start all the food comes from within 100 miles or so. Its prepared and frozen to take home and enjoy in either returnable glass or recyclable plastic. The store is beautiful, several freezers line the walls stocked with exquisite eats from hand made baby foods to entrees, salads, soups, & desserts. Lots of good vegi and vegan options. They also make their own granola, juices and so on. One of the best parts is that Nikki McClure has done all of the art and labels for the the store putting the refining touches on something great. Here's what I got today. The Pot Pie was $10, the Cabbage $6, should be enough for 2 which I think is a great price.More Eat Local info here

1 comment:

{ M E G } said...

those labels are amazinggggggggggg