Thursday, June 28, 2007

I'm with you, everyday, you know.

This was my first week of school again. I think summer school is going to be tough business! Luckily the weather has been perpetual cloudiness with sudden bouts of rain, so I don't mind being stuck inside crunching numbers. The housing search is on full swing, I still can't believe I have to leave this place, it makes me really sad. The hydrangea I've been babying for 3+ years is having its best start to summer ever with more huge blooms then you could imagine in the prettiest shade of blue, I wish I could take it with me. Change is good right?
Speaking of change, awhile back I was talking about someone I knew with no garbage, just recycled everything and my aspirations for doing so. The update: I now have 4, yes 4 garbage cans. One for straight recycling, one for food compost, one for other compost and lastly, the trash. The stuff that goes in the trash has all been plastic wrap. Everything seems to be wrapped in plastic, I didn't realize this as much before. Anyways I only have to take out the trash once a month, its great and I'm saving the world.
Also, this week, although the weather hasn't been all that, it has been one of the most beautiful weeks ever in Seattle. I often forget how pretty it is here all socked in rain. This week it cleared up and you could see the HUGE mountains on all sides of us! From Mt. Baker in the north, all the way down the Cascades, Mt. Rainier, the giant in the south, and across the sound to the Olympic mountain range. The amazing snow capped peaks all around mixed with the smell of the ocean blocks from my house made me smile all week. Truly amazing.