Sunday, February 17, 2008

Hypersensitive


I was just answering the phone, happy to talk to Meg when I yelled "The tree is on fire!" I hung up quickly(sorry meg!) Kelly pulled over, I jumped out, grabbed the fire extinguisher and spared the burning palm a fiery death. At one of Seattle's most frequented intersections is the most hideous "sculpture" bus stop. It was visioned as a urban oasis with a palm tree, strange plexiglas sheets on poles, and fake cement sand. I hate this bus stop and usually swear at it every time I pass it. I never thought one day I'd be out there with a fire extinguisher trying to save the stupid palm tree. Too bad we left the rig doors open and just happened to have parked down wind(fire fighting 101 flunkies) and our rig filled with smoke and fire extinguisher powder that we will be cleaning out for weeks to come. Here is a great article on the "Island". I should have let it burn.


Saved.

2 comments:

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ said...

you're going to hurt some feelings when the college student finds your blog. i've listen to your mix a million times everyday.

{ M E G } said...

that friggin tree!!!!!!
man we never get to chat!!!!