Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Got You Babe




I was going to tell the story of how I delivered a baby boy in the back of the ambulance going 40mph through downtown at 11:20 this morning(which was my first time all alone, no firefighters, no anything, really), but then I read about California's Prop 2 and well, babies are born all the time. 
Prop 2 is awesome! More space for the poor animals that have become an industry without thought. I know not everyone can afford the nicer meats from the smaller farms where the animals tend to have a bit more freedom, but a little more regulation on the industry to require basic movement won't create a major loss of capital on anyones part. And maybe, just maybe people will think a little more about where their food comes from, not just the meat but everything we put in our mouths had a life somewhere in our ecosystem. 
I'll get down from my soapbox now. (if you love me you'll vote yes!)
Back to the baby boy, really I'm a jerk and didn't believe the young lady when she said "ITS COMING!" because honestly, we hear that a lot, and this has yet to have been the result. Turns out it was, and despite my lack of preparation and appropriate equipment everything worked out and I was cutting the cord as we pulled into the hospital. Now I need a drink. Several.

2 comments:

{ M E G } said...

i still can't believe this.
even after all my quesitons about poop and placentas, i'm still in shock about this one.

muchtoomuch said...

holy shit you delivered a baby!
that's incredible!!!