Saturday, September 19, 2009

Alice In Wonderland

Guapo, Kammi and I headed to the cascades for some mountain air, toasted marshmallows and some alpine lakes. I took a chunk out of my quest to find and photograph all the mushrooms in the Field Guide to the Cascades & Olympics, they were everywhere and beautiful! Lovely times all around!

Guapo!



Sulfur Shelf fungus





Panther Amanita

Woolly Chanterelle

HUGE Mystery Mushroom!



Meadow Mushroom (?)





Don't know what this red gooey stuff is...

King Bolote... awfully cute, no?









Sulfur Tuft

I'm not very good at identifying mushrooms, I have no idea what this is.

Another mystery, but it looks pretty psychedelic!

Fly Amanita

Shaggy Mane

Some sort of cup fungus

Woolly Chanterelle

Gem-Studded Puffball

Dunno.

Good thing the summer isn't taking a bow too quickly in the great northwest, I hope to fit in a few more forest jaunts!

No comments: