Saturday, July 28, 2007

Lady of the Lake

There are a million reasons why my mom is the single most amazing woman I know. Now shes adding to the list by defending her thesis on the magical Walker Lake. I'm heading down Thursday to Reno to witness the completion of what she has worked so long and so hard on for the last 3 years. In the process she has become a highly respected expert in aquatic invertebrates and Nevada. My grandma has discovered her potential as a research assistant putting in hours at the microscope counting bugs. My brother and his massive brain has proved himself invaluable as the nit picky editor of all things scholastic. My father, the supporter, my aunt, provider of mental escape with great stories, my uncle, field assistant and my grandpa and myself who have just watched in awe as mom has plowed through and learned and taught us so much about perseverance and potential. Thank you mom, and I love you.
Congratulations


3 comments:

{ M E G } said...

your mom puts the whoa in woman....i love the team family too!!

Pops said...

Hoorah! Tis finally official. Laurie is now a "Limnologist." Laurie's thesis and defense have been accepted, acknowledged and approved. Way to go! Love, David

Aaron said...

My brain isn't that massive. Sis, you said it so well I wouldn't even attempt to say it better. Yeah mom and yeah sis! Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!